Your garage door is the largest device system used around the house and is one of the most used in your home. Which is why it is essential to use the proper tips to ensure that your garage door is constantly working without any trouble. GM Garage Doors likes to prepare their clients with excellent service in addition to good advice to avoid future complications with this important part of your home.
Let’s take a look at these tips!
- First, make sure to check in details all the moving components of the door mechanism to make sure none are bent, broken, or obstructed.
- Every three months lubricate the rails and axels; be sure that the axels are tight and secure. Also, lubricate all of the hinges, springs, and rollers with light household oil; it helps keep it functioning longer.
- You may also use a soft cloth, with a household detergent in diluted water wipe down the door. You may want to keep it free of moisture and dirt by applying car wax to the door.
- It’s also a fact that many people are unaware but most garage door systems are adjustable to the sensitivity of the door operation, meaning you are able to decide how it is used. However, before taking those steps read your manual of operation.
- Wooden doors should be kept painted inside and outside and fill the cracks, holes or gaps you see
- At the bottom of the door, there’s a weather sealant, if it’s broken or damaged, it must be replaced.
- Finally, the worst enemy for garage doors is rust; by having an annual maintenance done it helps keep it from accumulating and causing damage.